Monday 12 August 2013

I won’t date a guy only for money – Uche Iwuanyanwu

Click for Full Image Size  Blessed with good looks, Uche Iwuanyanwu is one of the rising actresses in Nollywood you cannot help but admire for her professional exploits. In this interview, she talks about her blossoming career, and why she prefers to star in Ghanaian movies and many more…

You are becoming more beautiful, and your shape is something else these days.What’s the secret?

I try to stay in shape these days because I am more mature now than before. I am careful about my diet. And I have always said that if you have got it, you should go head to flaunt it.

Let’s talk about sexual harassment in Nollywood. What is your own story?

I am a very pretty girl and it’s not as if I’m praising myself. You know when you are beautiful, certain things are bound to happen. So, I will be lying if I deny the fact that men don’t admire my beauty. Yes, they do, and almost ceaselessly. But I think the most important thing is for one to remain focused on your goals. If you are good in what you are doing, a producer will definitely find it difficult not to give you a role in his new movie simply because you refused to sleep with him.

Would you say your beauty has affected the way you relate to other people?

My beauty cannot affect the way I relate to other people. I am not the only beautiful girl in town. I am just the girl next door. No doubt, being beautifu has its own advantages. But it doesn’t mean that men should pay your bills. Despite your beauty, you should be able to work very hard to avoid depending on men for everything you need as a woman.

Recently, we have observed that rising actresses always land in big deals whenever we feature them in our celebrity pages!

Well, I am not aware of it. But it is possible for that to happen. I am not here to castigate anyone. It’s a free world. If they decide to help themselves that way while waiting for the big break in acting, then it is their own cup of tea. But I won’t date a guy simply because he has money to throw around.

What is your idea of sex?

Is sex not supposed to be between a man and a woman when they are married? I am not married; hence I am not supposed to discuss sex other than what I have just said. You can ask me this question when I’m married

Aren’t you in a relationship?

I am in a relationship and I love my man. But it’s my private life. I don’t want to talk about it here. I will speak passionately about it when I am married.

How far can you go in interpreting a role?

As far as I can go to interpret that role. Like I said earlier, if I have to interpret a role in the bedroom, instead of wearing a bra and a pant, I would prefer to wear a bum-short and a bra- top or better still, wear a two-piece swimming suit and interpret the role in a swimming pool. That’s acting. And if the bum-short doesn’t interpret the role well enough, the director diverse a means to make up.

These days ladies are doing everything to look sexy?

I thank God that Iam who I am. But if I wasn’t born this way, I wouldn’t have been happy with myself. And if it means going under the knife to get it, so be it. I am not going to castigate the women who do it because life would be very boring if you do not have what it takes it to ‘flaunt it.’ No one would take notice of you.

How come you were not nominated for our sexiest in Nollywood project?

I wasn’t in the country and more so, I lost my Black Berry. I guess my friends tried my GSM lines but couldn’t reach me.

If you have the money, would you go under the knife to enhance what God has given to you?

I won’t go under the knife because I am beautiful. But if I was not born this way, perhaps l would have given it a trial.

Can you date a guy who promises to buy you an expensive car?

I cannot date a guy for his money no matter what. Except I love him

© Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment