Tuesday 30 July 2013

"If my husband cheats, I will castrate him' - Uche Jombo says in new interview



In this interview with Sam Olatunji, Uche Jombo speaks on cheating and new movie ‘Unconditional’.

What is it with the celebrity kids on your new movie, ‘Unconditional’?
We didn’t set out to use celebrity kids. I told everyone including you the age range I want and people suggested the kids. Aghahowa’s daughter has wanted to act since age 5, we auditioned Chigozie, and she did well and got a coach to coach them. 2face’s daughter is just a drama queen. And this movie, Unconditional is not all about them, Dakore, Ruth Kadiri and I acted in it. It’s the kind of move that will touch the heart.
If your husband were to be a serial philanderer like Desmond’s character in the movie, Lies Men Tell, what will you do?
I will castrate him, he knows and believes that. To me, there is no excuse to cheat, its either you are with someone or not, and if you are tired of the person, please accord the person decency of respect by saying it’s over. Don’t go making someone look stupid. The problem with me is there is no in- between.
Do you believe what you are saying or are you saying it for the purpose of this interview?
I am saying,Uche Jombo-Rodrigues doesn’t have in-between. That is the reason it takes me long time to make a decision or take a stand on something, but when I do, that is it. There is no excuse not to honour an agreement you have made, this doesn’t have anything to do with this interview. It is the principle that guides me. It is not just about marriage, it’s how I conduct my relationships, its either it is this or that, if that is mymind-set in a relationship, you should know that for marriage it’ll be 150%. There is no room for cheating.

So you believe your husband will or should not cheat on you?
I don’t have control over what someone will do, I’m not God. I’m talking about me, how I conduct things. It’s not an option that it will happen, I will not tolerate cheating.

Are you saying you will not forgive the man who cheats on you and is manly enough to say I’m sorry?
If you are in that situation Sam, oh God! You are going to slave for me for life. And do you know any man that will want to slave for a woman for life, answer?

Is it true you are older than your husband and the man you dated before him?
I have never dated or married someone I was older than in my life. If you have the illusion of someone’s age, that is your business, and I am even too mature for my age. That is the problem, because men of my age are ‘small boys’ around me, I can’t date them. I am someone who has to become a mother to some of my siblings at the age of 14. Because you are an under-achiever does not mean I should play down on my achievement. If age is the yard stick for you to succeed, you should not judge people with it, I don’t have an apology. If I’m learning from people who are older than me that is because I don’t hang out with my age mates; I don’t think there is anything else you want to teach me, and if you want to judge me by the people I hang out with or by when I started my hustle, where the hell were you at that time?  What really matters to me is that people who know me during my not-too-proud days are so proud that, this is me now. I have come far, it’s something I’m grateful for, and I couldn’t have even written it better if it were a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment